In the digital age, the website of your business is what windows used to be to shops and stores earlier – an invitation to enter and check out the offerings. Just like you would decorate your storefront to make it attractive, you would need to makeyour website attractive as well.
As per research by Blue Corona, 48% of your prospective customers would judge the credibility of your business by looking at your website design. Obviously, you must know how to build a website that grabs eyeballs, offers a safe and secure user experience, and gets your audience back for more. You can create your own website without having to worry about the technicalities. And regarding the website design, the mantra is clear – the simpler the design, the better. That’s the main job of website builders.
To help create a website, website builders have drag-and-drop facility-enabled software. There will be an array of layouts on the page from where you can choose your template and customize it as per your need.
A website builder or website maker has a simple, three-step approach.
- Select the appropriate template
- Add your content and personalize the site
- Publish your website
Website builders can be of two types – offline and online.
Offline website builder
These are software programs that you can download and install on your computers. You need to build your website and save it on your system. Once the site is ready, you would need to upload the files to a web host. You would need to have a certain level of technical competence to work with an offline website builder.
Online website builder
Online website builders are web-based. So, you don’t need to download or install any software. Online website builders often provide free website hosting services, so you won’t need to set it up separately.
Advantages of website builders
- You don’t need high levels of technical or coding skills
- You don’t need to take pains to maintain them
- Website builders do a quick job
- You would be spoilt for choices
- You don’t need in-depth graphic designing knowledge
- You don’t need to spend much money
Hence, to create a simple and clutter-free website, you must hand over the job to a competent website builder. Here, we will take a look at the 15 best free website buildersthat can do a great job for you.
Founded in 2006, Wix is among the best free website builders globally. More than 180 million users of different professions have availed of the services of Wix to create professional-looking and highly functional websites for themselves.
Wix offers more than 500 designer templates. Choose from among them or create your own with the help of Wix’s top-rated drag-and-drop technology. You can customize the colors and fonts by mixing the various available style options. The site will create the same visual impact when viewed from any device. You can also customize a simpler version of your site for viewing from mobile phones.
- The Corvid platform that Wix launched in 2019 allows you to connect to external data sources.
- Corvid APIs also facilitate monitoring of visitor actions through appropriate tools.
- You can create secure pages for members, include a professional mailbox, and track your site’s performance.
- You can manage your inventory, pricing, payment methods, etc. all in one place.
- Wix helps to personalize your website’s SEO. This improves the Google ranking of your site.
The San Francisco-based Weebly started operations in 2007. Today, more than a million businesses run globally on Weebly. Weebly provides end-to-end services, from website creation to marketing and SEO support, facilitated by advanced analytics. If you are running an online business, Weebly would support you with the intricacies of taxation and inventory management.
- Create visually appealing and attractive websites without any technical knowledge whatsoever.
- The latest e-commerce tools facilitate the easy operation of online stores hosted on the Weebly platform.
- Customize the backgrounds and create your chosen galleries and slideshows the way you want them.
- Create high-quality video backgrounds to create a better impression on your audience. You can access Weebly’s video library or upload one of your own.
- Build and manage your website from anywhere through your mobile device without hassles, via Weebly’s apps.
WordPress is behind the creation and hosting of close to 40% of the world’s websites from startups to large organizations. The large numbers of satisfied users call it “the world’s favorite platform.” You can start building your unique website through the advanced design customization tools of WordPress. You can also begin your blogs, online stores, portfolio, and so much more.
- Provides an array of themes for you to choose from
- With a single click, create a mobile-friendly version of your site
- 24×7 real-time backend support ensures that you can work without interruption
- Update and edit your site from anywhere in the world via any device, across platforms
- WordPress gives you automatic access to a host of plugins. Tracking site performance, SEO activity, scanning for spam – all this and more is possible.
Since its launch in 2008, Webnode has 40 million satisfied users. You can access its wide range of stunning templates and related functions to create appealing websites in less time. Update the site at any point through your computer, tab, mobile – any device.
Through Webnode, you can also start operating your online store. Track your inventory, make the shopping experience hassle-free, and manage secure payments – all through Webnode.
- The “editor” feature helps you to add different content anywhere on the pages in a few clicks.
- You can edit the content directly in the editor. You don’t need any download/installation of any software. All the changes will reflect on the website as you save them, giving you more control over the site.
- You can get a free domain name for 1 year for as little as $5.95 per month.
- Create up to 100 unique mailboxes to facilitate interaction with clients.
- Add widgets such as calendar, forum, or weather update to your blog.
Jimdo has made its presence felt in almost 189 countries of the world since its inception in 2007. More than 20 million websites are up-and-running via the Jimdo builder. From corporates to freelancers, from sellers to musicians, someone from every vocation has benefitted from the simple website maker process of Jimdo.
- Jimdo enables Search Engine Optimization for your site. it also provides suggestions on bettering your site rankings.
- The Business Listings feature helps you to sync your site’s info over more than 10 online platforms. This also helps to boost your search engine rankings.
- Websites for different audiences have different design demands. Jimdo provides a wide range of templates to suit the requirement of every industry.
- The Logo Creator feature helps users create a customized logo based on the multiple design options available
- HTTPS encryption ensures your website remains secure.
The Latvia-based Mozello ranks among the top website builders in the world. With its services, you can create your free website that would be unique with its design, color, font, etc. The competent backend team of Mozello will take care of all the technicalities, letting you focus on getting traffic for your website.
- Helps to create websites that work perfectly on every type of device
- You would get ample support in terms of making your website SEO-friendly. This would help your site feature prominently in the related searches.
- You can create multilingual websites that will help you to reach out to a much wider audience.
- You can build your online store in less than 20 minutes and sell 24×7.
- The product catalogue is simple to browse through. You can also make the delivery options customizable for the customers.
Under 30 minutes. Yes, that’s the time you would take to build a website through Strikingly. And in keeping with the name of this website builder, your website will be “strikingly beautiful,” as all of its customers would confirm. Media sliders, video backgrounds, password protection and similar essential features are interwoven into the Strikingly designs.
Without any coding or design experience, you can create, edit, and publish content instantly.
- Sell anything from your online store with complete and effective e-commerce capabilities. Add the Simple Store feature of Strikingly and connect with Stripe or Paypal.
- Get a separate page for each blog post of yours and update the site visitors and customers
- Built-in analytics help you to track site visitors and their relevant details
- Integrate your social media fields directly on to your site
- You get free HTTPS for additional security and resultant trust of site visitors
Among the easiest website builders,Site123 will take care of all the backend technicalities and design options to enable you to focus only on the content creation aspect. Their editor makes the task of content creation and update simpler than a normal drag and drop tool. After uploading the content, your website would be up and running in less than an hour.
You can improve your site’s SEO functionality through the advanced tools of Site123. This will increase the site’s visibility on search engines and enhance traffic flow to your site.
- The SEO tools will help your website become SEO-optimized soon after publishing. This will direct the much-needed visitor traffic to your site
- Get the facility of a free domain for 1 year and 10 GB storage for only $5.80 per month
- Use the blogging platform of Site123 to create attractive and personalized blogs
- Get a mailbox with your own domain name with the advanced, professional, and gold packages of Site123
- Site123 enables your site to go multi-lingual with just a few clicks
WebStart’s drag and drop editor feature allows you to combine different parts of the available templates and align your text the way you want it to. This brings the much-needed uniqueness to your website, setting it apart from your competitors. Start your blog and Google would give your content a jump start.
With a range of power-packed features and live backend support, WebStarts is right up there in the popularity charts.
- Mobile version of your website is as appealing as the desktop website.
- Once you have created your site and chosen a domain, it is up-and-running within a short time.
- You can start selling products and accepting payments online with immediate effect.
- WebStarts is among the few website builders that provide free video hosting facilities.
- The extra-fast Content Delivery Network (CDN) facility helps you to load your content without delay from anywhere in the world.
Ever since it began its journey in 2013, Webflow has made the job of creating a website as simple as making a document. You can take your time to plan the layout of your website. Access their huge design library or combine some of them to customize your template. Zero coding knowledge is no handicap here.
- SEO tools are inbuilt in the system
- The Webflow Editor helps to create and update content without any hassle
- You can build fully customized databases for specific content types, like online stores
- Maintenance is taken care of. You don’t need to bother about any related updates or installations
- Webflow ensures a 99%+ uptime. This eliminates the worries of your site going down.
Elementor is a WordPress website builder and among the leading free website buildersaround the globe. In only 4 years since its inception, more than 5 million active installs have taken place across 180 countries. Every 10 seconds, a new website sees the light of the day on the Elementor platform. More than 4.5k users have given five-star reviews about its services.
- While styling every element, view them real-time. This makes the process more effective.
- Add interactive animations to any part of your website to make more engaging contact.
- With infinite design options and more than a thousand font types, you will never run out of choices for designing your site.
- The Popup Builder option facilitates the creation of attractive pop-ups, thus ensuring more specific targeting of the intended customers.
- Use Elementor’s WooCommerce Builder option to prepare attractive designs for your e-commerce site. The Builder tools would also make the site easily navigable for the customers.
12. IM Creator
IM Creator’s advanced editor tools and an array of design templates make the website building task fast, simple, and enjoyable for non-technical persons. Google and Amazon power IM Creator. This makes your website stand on a strong and dependable foundation. More than 17 million creators globally have chosen IM Creator to make their websites.
- A host of SEO tools ensure that your site features in search traffic on Google and Facebook, among others
- No matter how little or how much your content is, scalability is never an issue with IM Creator
- Start your site design with a pre-designed template and combine it with several others to create a unique and customized site
- You can launch a simple and single-section website in a few minutes. Over time, you can add features to make it more complex
- Any content you create through IM Creator is responsive. That means, it can adjust itself to any device, including smart watches.
Every 17 seconds, a website is born on the Duda platform. That much explains the popularity of this website maker. More than 20 industry awards and the trust of 450k+ businesses further establish Duda’s status as among the top website builders. You can save up to 50% of the production time when you work on the Duda platform.
Duda also assists you in enhancing the collaboration among your team members through shared Team Assets and other related advanced tools. These make the workflow process simpler.
- You can customize any part of the content for perfect viewing in every type of device
- Build widgets like testimonials, analytics, image effects, etc. to make your site more attractive
- Choose from more than 100 varieties of fonts available
- Add videos and images to the background of your site and make it more attractive with parallax effects
- Add a favicon that would enhance brand recognition. When visitors open the site, the icon would display on the browser
Whether you are a freelancer, an entrepreneur, small business owner, or are into any other vocation – Ucraft will make your job of building a website fast and easy. The drag and drop feature makes it simple for even non-technical people to build an attractive and interactive website. Ucraft offers free hosting facilities on Google Cloud.
- You can use a single design template or mix-and-match several to create a customized template for your site
- Initiate your e-commerce business with secure payment options and shipping facilities through leading carriers
- Make use of Ucraft’s blogging platform to create engaging blogs with your audience
- In a few clicks, create an attractive logo for your business
- Design secure pages via Ucraft website builder
The Ontario-based Bookmark specializes in assisting small businesses to set up their websites. You can build your customized website through the large number of design templates that the site offers, supported by AIDA (Artificial Intelligence Design Assistant). Design your site based on the message that you want to convey to your customers and the image you want to build for your brand.
Bookmark has a range of exciting eLearning courses. These courses deal with the various aspects of business growth and digital marketing. These will be helpful tools for you to advance your business.
- Sell anything anywhere from your online store with real-time support in more than 50 languages. All transactions come with HTTPS protocol-enabled security
- Engage with your customers on a regular basis through your blogs. Bookmark will support you in creating the same.
- Bookmark has a huge library of free videos that you can access to add video backgrounds to your site. This makes the site far more attractive to your audience.
- Makes your website look equally attractive across all types of devices
- Get regular cloud backups of your website at Amazon AWS
So, which one is the best website builder?
That’s a tough question to answer. Each of these organizations is as competent as the other, so you would have a difficult time deciding whom to choose. They will make the job of how to create a website simple and fun.
You can interact with them on an individual level and obtain some samples. Based on them and your interactions, select one provider – and create that beautiful website that you always wanted to.